Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Timepass

Recently for a change I saw lot of hollywood movies.
It started with Terminator Salvation ( very bad), Ice Age 3 ( my first 3-d movie so liked it ), Harry Potter ( my first harry potter movie in theatre ) and pulp fiction ( on laptop) and Atonement (skimmed through).

Frankly speaking none of them really impressed me a lot. I definitely liked pulp fiction especially samuel jackson and Bruce Willis acting.

Though I appreciate Pulp Fiction, I do not understand how people like Terminator Salvation kind of movie. To me it was another sci fi movie where somebody is trying to save the world alone or with little help. There have been 100 Hollywood movies like this since Independence Day, the first movie of this type ( atleast the one I saw).

Coming to my next interest Cricket, this Ashes series 2009 has been very exciting so far. Its difficult to pick any team. Its neck to neck battle. Australia has done really well inspite being laden with inexperienced players. I feel England is definitely lucky to be leading 1-0 in the series. It will be interesting to see how England performs without their top player Pietersen. Its sad to see Flintoff retiring from Test Cricket. I hope people appreciate Test cricket so that we can enjoy artist like Sachin, Lara, Ponting rather than musclemen like Yusuf, Watson, Gayle, Hayden.

No comments: