Thursday, February 12, 2009

Do or Die

It seems like this is what I did. Do or Die step. or may be Fire or Keep.

Some background. Today I came to know that rumors which I heard yday was not a rumor. On Tuesday Morgan Stanley fired lot of people from Operations Department.
Now its the turn of IT.

In the env its advisable to play safe. I think my decision would be made on one of the project which developed and in UAT /Prod parallel stage ( sorry for IT jargons).
If I take take it to prod I think I will be saved for sure. If not, my job is at risk. so all depends on User of my new app. My other lead in NY has been trying to follow up with users but not getting response. Finally, I sent out an email to all users to please give their acceptance so that I can take it to prod and save my job :).


This mail ofcourse was cced to my manager. Now I am waiting for his reaction.
I hope he does not mind it.

I am worried for tomorrow if I would be having my job.

No comments: