Friday, April 24, 2009

Sach is the God

"If cricket is religion, Sachin Tendulkar is God", Mathew Hayden might have said it jokingly but I took it seriously.

In my earlier post I had written that I do not believe in God. That's correct.
I do not believe in God, the invisible power who controls everything in world and answers to our prayers. There is nobody like that. Still lets define God.

Can I say God is the one who brings smiles to lot of faces and who makes people happy? Actually personally thats how I measure success also. To me success is measured by number and extent to which one impacts people's lives in positive way. (Since this is difficult to measure I am OK with alternate, simpler and more measurable definition of success which is ' the amount of money you make ' ). Now the extreme case of success would be to impact significantly high number of people. Thats where you attain this status God ( the ultimate success). Refer the first line of this paragraph to check how I defined God just now.

That is exactly what Sachin Tendulkar does. He makes people happy. He entertains them like anything. Its a treat to watch him. When you see him batting you forget your office work, students forget their exams, things come to halt ( though not any more). He has/had that power.

Now somebody can argue that even Bollywood actors like Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan does same thing. Yes they entertain people but Sachin does more than that. Sachin brings pride and self respect to billion Indians and sub-continent people while Bollywood actors are pure entertainers.
How about Pele, Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali etc? Yes They might be. I dont know. They might be God for community they represent. I never said there is just one God. My another idol MK Gandhi is I feel another form of God.

Lot of people have tough time to understand that a how a sportsperson can be God. I can understand that. Typically we associate God helping needy, poor people. If I say for example 'Mother Teresa is another form of God' people might agree to some extent. I feel this is totally unfair. Godly act is not about just helping dying people. Its also about bringing every day small happiness to common people. Sachin definitely has provided lot of smiles and happiness to billion people numerous times in the last 20 years to attain the God status.

To summarize, I do not think there is God but If He is, its people like Sachin Tendulkar and MK Gandhi otherwise there isn't any.

Happy Birthday Sachin!! I hope you serve us for many more years.

Please: I totally understand that my views are extreme and your view most likely might not match mine. That's OK. Thanks for reading the post.

3 comments:

Arti Jalan said...

Mr.Bigtani.
The jokers in the circus make people everyday laugh.So you would categorize them as GOd too?:).!!

JB said...

Miss Arti,
Thanks for comment. You have not read my blog completely. jokers would come under SRK category as they are pure entertainers. not sachin tendulkar who is more than that. Read the blog again.

Arti Jalan said...

Sachin brings pride and self respect to billion Indians and sub-continent people while Bollywood actors are pure entertainers.


I dont agree.Bollywood actors at times arnt mere entertainers and they too bring pride and self respect to billion Indians.One of the best examples is the whole team of Slumdog millionaire.The actors of that movie did a fantastic job of entertaining the audeince and plus they brought pride to the country by winning the oscars.
Mate, I do not agree on many things you have written.Its more about your passion interwined with your emotions thats how I could summarize.
Anywasy everyone has a right to think his/her way.
And last thing you can sing it to Sachin,tujh mein hain rab dikhta.yaara mein kya karu...hehehee...!!